H&A Decorating: The H&A Guide to Upcycling
Searching for a project as the evenings draw in? Look no further than our Upcycling Guide
If you're itching for quick and easy ways to update your home or a restoration project to get your teeth into, then you must try the H&A Guide to Upcycling.
It's full of nifty ideas for jazzing up bedside tables, giving new life to lampshades, using bits of broken pots and much more. We also pulled together some cracking ideas from our favourite upcyclers and tips on how to pick up the best bargains at fairs.
Great for inspiration for making lovely Christmas presents, priced at £10.99 including P&P, it also makes a great Christmas present itself. You can buy it online here.
To get the creative juices flowing, here are our top five craft courses happening in October.
1. Deep in the village of Nassington in Northamptonshire, Rowantree Workshop have a brilliant course for beginner sewers. Nothing intimidating here, just a straightforward day course teaching you how to use a sewing machine, cut patterns and create your very first project.
Absolute Beginners Sewing Workshop, 19th October. £45.
Rowantree Workshop, Nassington, Peterborough. 01780 783 323; rowantreeworkshops.co.uk
2. At the The Make It Room you can spend a lovely afternoon learning how to crochet and line some fab autumnal baskets.
Crochet rustic baskets, 5th October. £30.
The Make It Room, St. Anne's, Southend Road, Howe Green. 07973 920046; themakeitroom.co.uk
3. We love the sound of Aggie Arts's Upcycled Homewares course which helps you to create new gifts and home accessories (think tea cosys and peg begs) from your old bits and pieces.
Upcycled homewares, 12th October. £25.
Aggie Arts, St Agnes, Cornwall. 01872 553 722; aggiearts.co.uk
4. In need of somewhere to stick all your design ideas? Winney and Rose are running a course from the little village hall of Sheldon in the Peak District which will give you all the know-how for making your own pretty notice board. You'll be making place mats too.
Kitchen Accessories, 5th October. £60.
Winney and Rose, Edensor, Bakewell, Derbyshire. 01246 583 027; craftcourses.com
5. One of our favourtie craft hubs, The Makery in Bath, is running a regular furniture upholstery course giving you a solid introduction to updating tired chairs and tables with gorgeous fabrics.
Furniture Upholstery, 19th October. £75.
The Makery, 146 Walcot Street, Bath. 01225 487708; themakeryonline.co.uk