H&A's August issue, out today!
This month we welcome in high summer with a tropical-themed vintage special
Inside the August issue of Homes & Antiques…
- Create a tropical paradise in your home with luscious prints and bold colours
- Why a former mill town has more to offer than its nostalgic past
- King of quilts Kaffe Fassett reveals why a Chinese ancestral portrait is his source of inspiration
- Why bold flower-power fabrics from the Sixties and Seventies are highly sought-after
- We delve into the archive of British retail favourite John Lewis as it celebrates its 150th year
- The Cornish artist giving timeworn driftwood a new life
- An eclectic mix of homes, from a 17th-century cottage to an architect’s new-build packed with retro finds
The weather is telling us that summer has arrived and with it comes H&A’s August issue, bursting with tropical patterns and punchy colours to get your home sizzling for summer.
From statement cushions and mismatched brights to palm-print wallpaper, we show you how to bring a little piece of paradise into your home.
Plus, Caroline Wheater picks out the best vintage travel finds from this month’s auctions, antiques expert Lisa Lloyd goes loopy for highly collectable tutti-frutti jewellery and don’t miss Selina Lake’s essential guide to outdoor entertaining…
H&A's August issue is available to buy in the shops or in digital format online