Christmas cocktails: 3 easy and delicious recipes
Celebrate the festive season with a round of Christmassy cocktails taken from the olive magazine archives
Nothing shouts Christmas like a round of delicious festive cocktails, and we've raided the olive magazine archives for some extra-special recipes... chin chin!
Christmas cocktail recipes
French 75 Cocktail Recipe
A French 75 is a classic champagne cocktail. It's simple to make but looks stunning, perfect for the festive season.
- 25ml London dry gin
- 12.5ml lemon juice
- 12.5ml sugar syrup
- Lemon peel, to serve
- Put the gin, lemon juice and sugar syrup into a shaker, fill with ice and shake hard.
- Once shaken, strain the mixture into a flute and top with champagne.
- Using a zester or peeler, peel a long strip of lemon zest, being careful not to get too much pith. Twist over the flute to release the oils and drop into the glass.
Hot Spiced Cider Cocktail Recipe
A hot spiced cider cocktail is a super simple, soul-warming autumnal cocktail that's sure to impress your guests. Serve warm and decorate with cinnamon sticks for added some festive flair.
- 1 litre dry cider
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 cloves
- 4 allspice berries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 tbsp dark rum
- Gently heat 1 litre of dry cider, 2 tbsp brown sugar, 4 cloves, 4 allspice berries, 2 cinnamon sticks and 6 tbsp dark rum in a pan until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour into some glasses and decorate with cinnamon sticks, berries and some festive sprigs.
Orange and Rosemary Fizz Cocktail Recipe
If you don't want to miss out on festive drinks, try our non-alcoholic orange and rosemary fizz cocktail recipe. It's a Christmassy mocktail that kids, designated drivers and non-drinkers can enjoy.
- 2 large orange wedges
- A sprig of rosemary
- Soda water
- 1 tsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 stick cinnamon, to serve
- Put the orange and half the rosemary into a highball glass.
- Muddle well, then fill with ice.
- Top with soda water and stir to mix.
- Garnish with pomegranate, cinnamon and the remaining rosemary.
All recipes taken from olive, click here for more of their delicious festive recipes.
Spring savings- 6 issues for just £9.99
Spring savings! Get 6 issues of Homes & Antiques magazine for just £9.99 and find the best antiques fairs near to your home, plus practical guides to updating rooms and more.